Pancakes are one of the best breakfast foods out there. I decided to give it a fall twist by adding some pumpkin!
Who doesn’t love pancakes? They’re fluffy, delicious, and best served with A LOT of syrup on top!
I wanted to put a Fall twist on your traditional pancakes and add some pumpkin! I love Fall not just because of the weather, but also the fall themed eats. I absolutely love anything pumpkin spice (I guess you can call me basic) and I thought the addition of some pumpkin in pancakes would be perfect. Guess what? It is! I am so thrilled with how this recipe came out.
So what do you need for this recipe?
- Pumpkin puree – not pumpkin pie filling. The only ingredient in the can should be pumpkin.
- Unsweetened non-dairy milk. I like oat milk.
- Lemon juice. This combined with the non-dairy milk with create a vegan buttermilk!
- Maple syrup. This is how we sweeten the pancakes. This recipe is free of any refined sugars.
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour. I have not tested this recipe with any other flours. If you try it out, let me know in the comments how it came out!
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin pie spice
Less than 10 ingredients, and items that you may already have on hand.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG in stories or posts @plantbasedjane.