Try this delicious pasta recipe with a fresh tomato sauce, sausage and spinach!
Is this my new favorite recipe? Possibly. It is so delicious and fresh.
I have really slept on vegan sausage for the past few years. Before I was Vegan, I never ate pork. I was never intrigued by it and stayed away. When I went vegan, and tried vegan sausages, It took me awhile to adjust to the taste. I went 20+ years without those flavors that it shocked me at first trying the vegan options.
Now I absolutely love vegan sausage! I’ve really enjoyed the Tofurky & Beyond Meat sausages the most.
The sauce in this recipe is what makes it for me. The combination of fresh cherry tomatoes, white wine, and garlic is so simple but so flavorful. I used a dry pinot grigio. Need to find out what wine is vegan? Check our barnivore.com (not sponsored just super helpful)
What do you need for this recipe?
- pasta of choice – since I get a lot of questions on this shape, it’s fusilli d bucati.
- olive oil
- cherry tomatoes – grape tomatoes work well too.
- white wine – use a dry white wine like pinot grigio
- tomato paste – brings that richness to the tomato sauce
- vegan sausages
- vegan butter – add at the end to help emulsify the sauce and bring another level of richness
- red pepper flakes – brings that spicy element
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG in stories or posts @plantbasedjane
Also, check out my new account, @traderjoesgoesvegan