Enjoy this delicious and easy creamy lemon pasta. No nuts or blender required.
Who doesn’t love a good creamy pasta recipe? Especially when it’s vegan, nut free and does not require a blender.
That means a way easier clean up and faster cooking time.
Vegan cream cheese is underrated in terms of that you can use it in soo many vegan recipes to acquire a creamy and delicious texture. I used it for this recipe and I found that it worked out perfectly.
I really like Tofutti vegan cream cheese because it has a very neutral flavor and melts very well. However, you can use whatever vegan cream cheese you’d like.
So what ingredients do you need to make this dish?
- Vegan butter
- Olive oil
- Vegetable broth
- Vegan cream cheese
- Lemon juice
- Nutritional yeast
- Red pepper flakes
That is it (besides salt and pepper)! Less than 10 ingredients to make this delicious recipe.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! If you make any of my recipes don’t forget to tag me in the photo, or on stories, @plantbasedjane.
Creamy Lemon Pasta
- 8oz spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup reserved starchy pasta water.
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions. Drain while reserving around 1/4 cup of the starchy cooking water. Set aside.
- Heat your butter and olive oil in a sauté pan on medium. Allow for butter to completely melt.
- Add in your vegetable broth and let reduce by half for 2-3 minutes. Add in your minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add in your vegan cream cheese and allow for it to melt by stirring frequently. Add in your nutritional yeast and lemon juice. Mix everything around.
- Carefully add in your cooked pasta and mix around carefully using a pair of tongs. Gradually add in your pasta water and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.