This tofu piccata dish will be a new weeknight favorite!
The first time I had anything Piccata was at my favorite restaurant ever Blossom On Columbus (NYC). They serve the most delicious seitan piccata with mashed potatoes and spinach. It is probably one of my favorite dishes ever and I always get it when I go there.
I wanted to create my own version using tofu and wow it is so good! Plus it’s pretty easy to make too!
I photographed it served over pasta (which was delicious) but you can also have it with potatoes, salad, etc. It is a great protein dish that goes with so many different things!
What do you need for this recipe?
- Tofu – I recommend extra firm/high protein tofu. This is tofu that is not packed in so much water but instead vacuum sealed. Trader Joe’s & Wildwood both make tofu like this.
- Flour – Coating the tofu in flour and then pan frying it adds a nice crispy texture to the outside of the tofu.
- Butter – for the sauce
- Wine – Use a dry wine, that you would drink, like pinot grigio. Feel free to sub for vegetable broth if you would prefer not to use alcohol.
- Lemon – Perfect for the sauce!
- Capers – Essential for a true picatta sauce!
- Neutral oil – Avocado oil is what I prefer
- Salt & Pepper
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! Remember, if you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG in stories & posts @plantbasedjane