Try this delicious and easy creamy rice noodles with tofu and veggies using Maya Kaimal simmer sauces.
Most weeknights I am too tired to make a full meal. As a food blogger, I spend a lot of my time in the kitchen cooking. So when it actually comes time to cook myself dinner, I’m exhausted. That is when I head into my pantry and grab a bottle of Maya Kaimal’s Indian Simmer Sauces.
I have been using Maya Kaimal’s products for years! I love their simmer sauces, everyday chana & dal, rice, etc. I love everything about their products. It’s so nice to have shelf stable items that you can whip up quickly. In minutes you can have a meal that tastes like it took hours to create.
This recipe is actually so delicious. I used the Goan Coconut Indian Simmer Sauce to make this creamy and flavorful rice noodle dish. It has a good level or heat without being overpowering.
You can use any of your favorite vegetables for this dish. I stuck to peppers, onions & broccoli. Zucchini or even mushrooms would also work really well in this recipe!
I use Maya Kaimal’s simmer sauces in many different meals. I love it on some tofu over rice, chickpeas, and even added into some mac n cheese! The sauces are versatile so they work with so many meals.
What do you need for this recipe?
- Maya Kaimal Goan Coconut Indian Simmer Sauce
- Rice noodles
- Vegetables of choice
That is it! The Goan Coconut Indian Simmer Sauce helps bring down the ingredient list to items you likely already have on hand! That is why I love Maya Kaimal so much.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG @plantbasedjane in your stories and posts!
To find Maya Kaimal products near you click here.
To shop Maya Kaimal products online click here.
Creamy Goan Coconut Noodles With Tofu & Veggies
- 1 cup Maya Kaimal Goan Coconut Indian Simmer Sauce
- 8oz rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu
- 2 1/2 cups mixed vegetables of choice
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook rice noodles according to package instructions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Drain and press tofu to release excess water. Cut into cubes.
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high heat, add your oil. Add tofu with a little salt and pepper and cook on all sides until the tofu is browned. Set aside. Add a little more oil and add your vegetables with a little more salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add in your garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add your tofu back into the pan with your noodles. Pour over sauce and carefully toss your noodles, veggies & tofu in the sauce.
- Serve with fresh parsley or cilantro on top.
Thank you to Maya Kaimal for sponsoring this blog post. It means a lot to me to work with brands I love and support Plant Based Jane.