Another delicious “bang bang” inspired recipe. This time, broccoli!
So my bang bang tofu is probably the most popular recipe I’ve EVER posted! That being said, I wanted to make another variation with my favorite vegetable: BROCCOLI!
The recipe is basically the same, because I didn’t want to make any crazy changes. Still baked, still delicious.
If you don’t like tofu, this could be a great alternative! Broccoli is my all time FAVORITE veggie, and I think it really works in this recipe!
I hope that you enjoy this recipe!
If you make any of my recipes, tag me on Instagram @plantbasedjane so I can see!
- 1 Medium Head of Broccoli
- 1 1/2 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Mayo
- 2-3 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 Tsp Rice Vinegar
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut and wash your broccoli into florets.
- Set up your breading station. Combine your flour and water in a bowl. Add water gradually to form a slightly thinner version of a pancake batter. You don't want it too thick.
- Add your panko to another bowl and begin the process. Dip each floret into the wet batter, to the panko, to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure all florets are evenly coated with batter and panko. Repeat process until all the broccoli florets are breaded.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, flip and cook an additional 25 minutes. Ovens vary, so keep a watchful eye.
- While the broccoli is cooking, make your sauce. Combine your vegan mayo, Sriracha & rice vinegar in a bowl. I added 2 tablespoons of Sriracha but add as much as you like depending on level of spice.
- When your broccoli is done, place in a bowl and pour sauce over. Mix until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately