This is the perfect indulgent dish with a kick! Enjoy this Buffalo Chick’n Mac n Cheese for Meatless Monday or when you want to impress your non-vegan friends/fam! Made in partnership with Dr. Praegers.
Mac n Cheese is already a beautiful dish. I adore a nice vegan mac n cheese, however sometimes it’s fun to switch it up and put a twist on already an iconic dish. I personally love spicy food so I knew that a buffalo mac n cheese recipe was needed for the blog.
However, let’s kick it up a notch further by adding some buffalo vegan chick’n tenders. I’ve stated this in late of 2018, but the Dr. Praeger’s Plant Protein Line was definitely the best Vegan product drop of the year. I even think it will remain the best drop in 2019 as well. When I had the opportunity to try the new line, I was drawn to the Gametime Buffalo Chick’n Tenders. I love vegan chicken tenders and I love buffalo sauce, and this is the perfect combination of both. There is also classic & BBQ flavor of the Chick’n tenders meaning that there are options to choose from. If I ever need a quick meal and I’m feeling lazy, I will add these tenders to a wrap with veggies and vegan mayo. The heat is the perfect balance among the veggies and the mayo cools it down nicely. However, let’s get back to this mac n cheese.
This mac n cheese was made without a roux, so this mac n cheese comes together in less than 5 minutes once your chick’n tenders and prepped and pasta is cooked.
The Chick’n Tenders (as well as all the other Pure Plant Protein items) are soy free and made with avocado oil. They’re made with pea protein and are gluten free PLUS they have veggies in them! One serving size of the Gametime Buffalo Chick’n Tenders packs 16 grams of plant protein.
A weird story about me: I used to hate mac n cheese. I was the pickiest eater. It wasn’t until I went to a friends house in elementary school and tried it for dinner. I became HOOKED! I didn’t understand how I didn’t try it my whole life. Now, I’m obsessed. It’s fun to play around with Mac n Cheese and put your own spin on it. I love this concept of using buffalo sauce and vegan chick’n tenders. It adds more depth and considering a serving of the Gametime Buffalo Chick’n Tenders contains 16 grams of protein, it makes it that much better.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! Remember, if you make any of my recipes tag me on Instagram @plantbasedjane
To find Dr. Praeger’s products near you, click here.
- 2 cups dry noodle shape of choice
- 6 Dr. Praeger's Gametime Buffalo Chick'n Tenders
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened plant milk
- 2-3 tablespoons vegan buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup vegan cheddar style cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place your chick'n tenders on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for exactly 14 minutes flipping them halfway.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook your noodles according to package instructions. Drain and return back to the pot on a low heat. Add in your plant milk and vegan butter and stir until the butter has melted. Add in your dijon mustard and coat pasta evenly. Add in 1 cup of your vegan cheddar and mix well until all the cheese as melted and all pasta is coated. Add in your buffalo sauce, garlic powder & pepper. Combine well.
- Cut your chicken into bite sized pieces and throw them into the pot with the mac n cheese.
- Plate and serve!
Thank you to Dr. Praeger’s for sponsoring this post. It means a lot to me to work with brands I love and support my blog!