Want to elevate your boxed Cheezy Mac? Here is a super easy recipe that brings all the comfort and tastes amazing.
I am the biggest fan of comfort food. One of my favorite ways to enjoy comfort food is through Vegan mac n cheese.
Daiya Foods just recently came out with two new flavors of their cheezy mac: Bac’n & Cheddar Style as well as Four Cheezy Style with Herbs.
I was very intrigued with the Four Cheezy Style with Herbs and knew that I wanted to play around with what I can add to it. While peas and broccoli are great with mac – I wanted to go one step further. As you know, I love pesto! So I thought that by combining the herbs in the mac n cheese (Basil, Oregano, Thyme, etc.) with pesto would be a delicious pairing. I also wanted to add some sun-dried tomatoes for extra flavor and texture in the recipe.
Comfort food is amazing but so is comfort food with some decadence. The pairing with the pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and cheezy mac is an unbelievable flavor.
When I first went Vegan I was very drawn to Daiya because not only are all their products vegan, but they’re free of the top 8 allergens. As a Vegan who is also allergic to nuts, It’s extremely important to me to find products that fit both my ethical and allergy needs.
I like to add a nice side salad of some arugula with my mac, but this would also be great with some balsamic tofu and other veggies!
I hope that you enjoy this recipe.
If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @plantbasedjane.
To find the cheezy mac or any of Daiya’s other products, click here.
- 1 box Daiya Four Cheeze Style Mac With Herbs
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- Pesto Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup basil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Cook your cheezy mac according to package instructions.
- While your mac is cooking, make your pesto. Combine all your pesto ingredients into your food processor or high speed blender. If your pesto is too thick, gradually add a little water. Chop of your sun-dried tomatoes.
- Once your mac is finished cooking, add your sun-dried tomatoes into the pot and mix well to combine.
- Transfer your cheezy mac to a serving plate and add dollops of your pesto on top of the mac. Serve!
Thank you to Daiya for sponsoring this post. It means a lot to me to work with brands I love and support my blog.