With July 4th being around the corner, I wanted to share a delicious and VEGAN take on an “animal style” burger. Made in partnership with Dr. Praeger’s.
With Summer in full force I wanted to create a delicious way to spice up a veggie burger. I decided to go with “animal style” because it’s a classic and easy to veganize.
The veggie burger that I’m using is the All American Veggie Burger by Dr. Praeger’s. It is one of their newer Veggie Burger’s, and I am obsessed. It is made with pea protein, carrots, sweet potato, butternut squash and other great ingredients.
The All American Veggie Burger is gluten free and vegan. Dr. Praeger’s has a huge range of Vegan products. All of their veggie burgers are Vegan as well as their puffs, hash browns & brussels sprouts cakes. They are always packed with veggies full of nutrients and are very easy to cook. Making it a delicious option for your summer BBQ.
The mix of the delicious veggie burger with the sauce, caramelized onions and other fixings makes this a super flavorful meal to whip up fast and easy.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe!
If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @plantbasedjane
- 4 Dr. Praeger's All American Veggie Burgers
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce (can sub for iceberg)
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices vegan cheddar (optional)
- sauce ingredients
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Add one tablespoon of butter to a medium-high heat sauté pan and let melt.
- Add in your onion with some salt and bring the heat down to medium low. Cook, and stir occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place your burgers on an ungreased baking sheet and cook for nine minutes. Flip, and cook for an additional 8 minutes. On the last 8 minutes, add your vegan cheddar cheese and allow to melt. Take out of oven and let sit.
- Make your animal style sauce. Combine all your sauce ingredients and mix to combine.
- Make the burgers! Lay down your bottom half of bun and stack with your veggie burger, caramelized onions, sauce, lettuce & tomato. Serve!