What I Eat in a Day: January 1st, 2018

Yay! So excited about this Veganuary series happening on my blog this month! You all responded so well to my Instagram poll/Idea of doing daily blog posts so I am really looking forward to this month 🙂

Wow. My first day AND I FORGOT TO TAKE A PHOTO OF IT! Basically, I had Tofu scramble in some tortillas (aka breakfast tacos) and they were so yummy.

If you want to know how I exactly make it, check out my tofu scramble recipe. I added spinach this time!

For some reason I was craving zucchini noodles today so I whipped some up with the easiest lentil bolognese.

For the zoodles I cooked them in some spray avocado oil seasoned with salt, pepper & dried basil. I let that cook for 4-5 minutes or cooked through. I cook it on a higher heat as I feel that it sometimes takes a lot of the water out without the zoodles being soggy. For the sauce, I added around 1/4 cup chopped carrots and cooked them in spray oil for 2-3 minutes. I added around 1/4 cup of lentils & 1/4 cup pasta sauce. I let that thicken up and added it to my noodles. Topped with nutritional yeast & dried parsley!

This has been my go to dinner for the past month! Roasted veggies & grilled tofu! If you don’t like tofu, then that’s okay! However I can’t live without my tofu!

I roasted all my veggies at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for around 35 minutes, flipping after 20 minutes. I roasted the brussels in salt, pepper, onion powder & a dash of maple syrup! I roasted my potatoes & broccoli in salt, pepper & onion powder. I used spray olive oil to coat the veggies!

As for the tofu, I used my grill pan and cooked it in salt, pepper & herbs de provence. I cooked it for around 5 minutes on each side! At then end I gave everything a fresh squeeze of lemon juice!

That is everything that I ate today! I usually do snack but all my meals kept me full until then next one!

1. Amanda
    January 2, 2018 / 11:16 am

Wow girl you don’t eat a lot, this is all literally probably 1200 calories or less :/ i wanna try veganism but I’m scared i won’t be getting enough calories and lose weight which i don’t want

• plantbasedjane
      January 2, 2018 / 11:34 am

My what I eat in a day posts aren’t meal plans, they’re just what I eat. Sometimes I eat more, sometimes I eat this amount. It’s how I am feeling that day and what my body craves. Everyone is different & this post is just for an ideas, not me forcing down your throat what to eat. If you’ve been following me on IG for awhile you would know I eat plenty (pasta, rice, quinoa, etc.).

2. January 2, 2018 / 3:02 pm

Beautiful!! Always fun to see what another eats, especially when we’re trying to do it right!!

• plantbasedjane
      January 2, 2018 / 4:58 pm

Thank you, Kristen!

3. Tara
    January 2, 2018 / 10:14 pm

I’ve never tried tofu before, but ready to try it. Thank you for sharing! 😀

• plantbasedjane
      January 3, 2018 / 10:02 am

Awesome! I hope you enjoy it 🙂

4. Jackie
    January 6, 2018 / 3:43 pm

Thank you for these posts. All ready I’m getting some good ideas! My husband and I have been vegan for over two years. We love it and I rely heavily on Whole Foods to make it happen. I’d like to start cooking a little more now. Don’t have much time though. Your meals are an inspiration. Also, we seem to have similar tastes. I too love the sprouted bread and same vegan butter as you. I’m also totally into tofu! I’ll keep following!

• plantbasedjane
      January 11, 2018 / 12:16 am

I am so glad that these are helpful for you! And yes I love earth balance!