A delicious take on a traditional steak bowl, but veganized using portobello mushrooms
I absolutely love rice bowls. I love finding new ways to play around with them and also spice up some of the flavors in them.
This is when I realized that I used to love steak and broccoli bowls with rice before going Vegan. I decided that I wanted to recreate that, but I wasn’t sure how.
I have read in the past that people use portobello mushroom caps in place of steak, and that’s when it hit me. “Portobello mushroom “steak” & broccoli rice bowl.” I knew that right away I had to make this recipe.
This recipe is super easy to make and is absolutely so delicious! I hope that you enjoy it.
If you ever make any of my recipes, remember to tag me on Instagram @plantbasedjane so I can see!
- 4 Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce (Sub Tamari if Gluten Free)
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 Cloves of Minced Garlic Clove
- 2 1/2 Cups Cooked Rice
- 1 Large Head of Broccoli
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash your portobello mushrooms and place in a bowl. Combine your soy sauce, balsamic, sesame oil & garlic. Pour over mushrooms and let sit until oven is heated up.
- In a baking dish lined with tin foil, place your portobellos stem side up. Place the remaining sauce in the dish. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes flipping halfway.
- As your mushrooms are cooking, cook your rice according to package instructions and steam your broccoli.
- When your mushrooms are done cooking, take out of oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- After your rice and broccoli are done cooking, assemble your bowls. Evenly distribute your ingredients among four bowls.