A light and crispy tofu dish served with a creamy sweet chili tahini sauce
So It’s pretty much safe to say that my baked bang bang tofu is the most popular recipe on my blog. This allowed me to make the conclusion that you all love tofu, and love when it’s crispy. SO we are back today with another crispy delicious tofu recipe that is incredibly easy to make that you’ll love.
While this tofu is pan fried rather than my other recipe that required baking, I think that this one is just as good.
Now I understand the list of ingredients sounds pretty weird but honestly it just works! Tahini is just so creamy and perfect in so many ways. I thought it would compliment the asian flavors extremely well and just allow for it to be a healthy fat rather than a mayo based sauce (however, mayo is life).
I hope that you enjoy this delicious tofu recipe! It will definitely be a staple in my house now!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @plantbasedjane if you ever make any of my recipes!
- 1 Package Firm/Super Firm Tofu
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Hot Water
- 1 Cup Corn Starch
- Begin by taking your tofu out of the package and press to release water. I usually place the tofu between paper towels and put a heavy object on top (if you're a college student like me, a textbook will do!). Allow the tofu to press for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, cut your tofu into cubes. Place them in a bowl with a cup of corn starch and mix until combined. This will allow for your tofu to have a crispy crust while cooking.
- As your tofu sits in the corn starch, create your sauce. Combine all your ingredients together (including hot water) and mix to combine. Set aside.
- When you're ready to cook your tofu, heat up a sauté pan with some oil and let heat up. Add in your tofu cubes (do not dump the bowl into the sauté pan, take out cubes one by one) and let cook until the tofu is lightly browned and crispy. Take tofu off heat and into a bowl and coat the tofu in the sauce. Mix until combined.
- Serve immediately.