A delicious and simple take on a Vegan “meat” pasta sauce.
Starting this week off with a delicious and satisfying recipe for you guys…A lovely vegan “meat” sauce. It is honestly super easy to make but takes a little extra time. Homemade sauces are the best when they are simmering and just letting it do it’s thang.
It’s quite ironic because before I went Vegan I would never even touch something like this. I was so picky it was quite hysterical. However now that I know it’s not meat, I could not care less. I literally have no worries. Nothing strange in this sauce, just pure goodness.
There are tons of the frozen “meat crumbles “sold in stores, but I just use the Beyond Meat one. It’s delicious and really realistic. I have yet to try Gardein’s, but I imagine it’s delicious.
For some reason this just reminds me of the typical “Sunday Sauce.” Crowd around with your friends/family, and dig into this incredible dish.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you ever make any of my recipes, tag me on Instagram @plantbasedjane so I can see!
- 1 Package of Spaghetti
- 1 Package of Vegan meat crumbles (I like the Beyond Meat Beefy Crumbles)
- 28oz Can Pureed Tomatoes (Also named Passata)
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Cup Carrots
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1-2 Tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes (Optional, for spice)
- Dice your onions and garlic, and chop your carrots. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, heat with a little water and add in your onion and carrot. Let cook until onions are translucent and fragrant, around 5 minutes. Add in your garlic and let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in your Vegan beef crumbles, tomato paste and optional red pepper flakes. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in your can of pureed tomatoes. Let cook on medium heat for around 5 minutes.Put on simmer and cover. Let cook for 40 minutes-1 Hour. The longer the better.
- After around 40 minutes, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add your pasta. Cook until liking. Drain and set aside.
- After you're done cooking your sauce, add in your salt, pepper, Italian seasonings and sugar. If you want the sauce to be a little sweeter, add more coconut sugar.
- Once sauce is done, transfer pasta to sauce or add pasta to a serving dish and pour sauce over it. I like to pour some of the sauce over the pasta and serve. If people like more sauce, add the remaining to a bowl and let people serve themselves. I like a medium amount of sauce but some people may like a lot!