Do you ever have those recipes that were created so randomly? This recipe is certainly an example of this. If you can tell from the recipes on my blog, I am definitely a girl who prefers savory over sweet on any day. I don’t have too many dessert style recipes because that isn’t what I normally go for. However, in efforts to get more dessert recipes for you guys, I have been attempting to make more.
I’ve also have always loved blondies. They’re like cookies in brownie form. Since these are flourless, they’re more of a cake vibe but still super gooey and delicious.
The reason why I used the words “nut butter” in the title is because you could most likely use any nut butter you’d like. I am allergic to ALL nuts, so I use unsweetened soy nut butter by I.M healthy and it tastes absolutely delicious. Obviously, you could adjust these to whatever you’d like.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you make it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @plantbasedjane so I can see!
- 3/4 Cup Nut Butter (I used I.M Healthy Unsweetened Soy Nut Butter)
- 1/2 Cup Ground Oats (Take Half a cup of oats and ground them in a blender beforehand)
- 1/4 Cup Soy Milk
- 1/4 Cup Apple Sauce
- 1 Flax Egg - 1 Tablespoon Ground Flax & Two Tablespoons Water
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips (Additional For Topping)
- First, prepare your flax egg. Combine one tablespoon flax & two tablespoons water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Once your flax egg is ready, put all your ingredients in a food processor (except chocolate chips) and mix to combine.
- Gently fold in your chocolate chips.
- Transfer to non stick baking dish or greased dish and add additional chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test by putting in a toothpick. If it comes out clean, your blondies are ready.