Hey everyone! Back with a brand new recipe. Crepes are so yummy and can be super intimidating to some, but in reality they are quite easy! I’ve really wanted to do a lemon poppyseed recipe so I thought this would be a really fun and creative way to incorporate these yummy flavors. I also wanted to do a delicious filling and there is nothing more delicious to me than the combination of lemon & blueberries. The compote is also extremely easy to make and you most likely have the ingredients on hand already!
They are light, fluffy, but still has that amazing crepe texture to them. Also the blueberry compote is so flavorful and compliments the crepes well. It is also a great recipe to have on hand for a number of dishes.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup soy milk
- 3 Tablespoons apple sauce
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Mix all the crepe ingredients until well combined in a bowl (EXCEPT for cold water)
- Cover the mix and put in fridge for one hour
- While mix is in the hour, use this time to create your compote. Add two cups of the blueberries into a medium sauce pan with the cinnamon, lemon juice & maple syrup and cook on medium for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, reduce heat to medium and add the remaining cup of blueberries and cook for another 8-10 minutes. After 8-10 minutes, add corn starch and combine until fully thickened. Set aside.
- After an hour has passed, take out mix and combine the cold water.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium, lightly spray with cooking oil, and add around 1/4-1/3 of the mixture into the pan evenly and quickly swirl it around so it coats the entire pan (or looks like a thin circle).
- Let sit until the edges have risen and separated away from the pan. This should take a minute.
- Carefully, flip the crepe with a spatula (sometimes, adding a knife to lift up the crepe to help support the spatula will make this easier).
- Let the other side cook for another 30 seconds - 1 minute.
- Continue until all the crepes are done.
- Add compote on top or in the middle and serve!