Potatoes, potatoes, potatoes…A delicious carb. Arguably, the best carb. So today I have a recipe for these yummy smashed potatoes (can be oil free). These will be the perfect side dish to your yummy dinners, or great to have with a salad. They are full of amazing flavor from fresh herbs and have a cheesy feel because of the nutritional yeast.
These could completely be made oil free and still taste amazing. I added a little but really it doesn’t make a difference.
They are packed with garlic, thyme, rosemary, nutritional yeast and other yummy herbs.
- 1.5 pounds of baby potatoes (an entire bag of them is usually 1.5 pounds).
- 5 tablespoons nutritional yeast (varies on size of potatoes)
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place potatoes in large pot of salted boiling water and boil until tender
- Meanwhile, mix spices & nutritional yeast in a small bowl (not including thyme or rosemary)
- Mix crushed garlic & oil in another small bowl (if you don't want to use oil, then just crush garlic and put aside)
- Once potatoes are boiled add them to sheet either sprayed with non stick oil or parchment paper
- Crush potatoes either using fork or potato masher
- Evenly spread your oil & garlic (or just garlic) onto each potato, followed by nutritional yeast and herb mix
- Sprinkle your fresh herbs on top and pop in oven for 25 minutes
- After 25 minutes, turn on high broil for 2-3 minutes or until potatoes are browned.
- Take out and enjoy!