Guys. Wow. I have no words for this recipe. Pillsbury crescent rolls are what they call “accidentally vegan,” so I got all giddy and had to experiment. Usually when it comes to recipe testing it’s good to test recipes a few times just in case you get the matching of flavors right, and that it will come out positive every time.
However, I made this recipe once and it was drop dead amazing. Using my favorite vegan products, I was easily able to make a perfect and delicious breakfast crescent rolls.
I used Follow Your Heat “The Vegan Egg” (However, tofu scramble would work just as perfectly. I just wanted to go all out for this recipe), Field Roast Chao Cheese & Gardein Sausage Patties.
I also made a maple syrup Sriracha dip with it, that adds a sweet & spicy touch to rolls which is AMAZING.
- 8 pack of Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 3-4 slices of your favorite vegan cheese
- Follow your heart Vegan egg: I used 4 eggs which is double to serving size on their packaging container.
- 5 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon-1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1-1/2 Gardein sausage patties
- Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Cook your Vegan egg with your favorite spices (Mine are salt, pepper, smoked paprika & chili powder)
- Cook your sausage according to package instructions
- Open your crescent container package and separate each one
- Add a layer of cheese, layer of vegan egg, and sausage and roll them up from the top where you placed your fillings
- Add to baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Pop in oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- While cooking, combine maple syrup & sriracha and mix until combined
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! I definitely plan on doing different variations using the crescent rolls because they’re so versatile and are super delicious.